As you are aware of by now, Lehigh County has entered the YELLOW Phase. What does this mean for you, and how does this affect the re-opening of Rooted Salon?
This post will be lengthy as we want to be sure to answer any questions you may be having as we move towards being able to re-open.
Please know that these decisions have been made with our entire team and some of them did not come easy. We are struggling with the fact that we will not be able to please everyone. In our industry, we are trained to make people happy! We ask that you be kind, patient, and continue to show us grace as we navigate through these uncharted waters.
Our hope and goal is that Rooted will remain your place of pampering and escape from the craziness of your daily routine!
Please read thoroughly.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
1. Legally, salons are NOT permitted to re-open until we are in the GREEN phase. There is still NO definite date so we are continuing with our pause on all scheduling until a concrete date is provided.
2. WHEN we are permitted to re-open, we will be requiring masks for all guests. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided.
3. We ask that if you have an appointment, no one accompanies you for the time being.
4. We will be conducting a temperature check for every client upon entering. We will do so for employees as well to ensure the safety of everyone. Please be aware that if you have a temperature, you will be asked to reschedule. Brandon is really looking forward to adding 'nurse' to his ever-evolving list of job descriptions!
5. At the time of your arrival, we will ask that you sign and date a Covid-19 waiver - it is meant to protect us and you!
6. As a team, we have decided that beverages will continue to be served, as well as magazines and coloring books be available at the processing table.
7. As licensed Cosmetologists, we have well over 1,200 hours of sanitation and germicidal education under our belts. We will continue to practice mandated salon cleaning procedures. After each guest, we will be disinfecting the chairs and equipment as an extra precaution. Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the salon for your convenience.
8. In our efforts to be 100% transparent, you will not find any room dividers or tape marking '6 feet apart.' We will NOT be operating at a limited capacity. If this is something you are not comfortable with or are immune-compromised, we ask that you reschedule your appointment for a later date.
9. The salon will be kept at a cooler temperature for our stylist's comfort as they will be very hot wearing a mask. Please bring along a sweater if you are prone to being easily chilled.
10. We will discontinue the use of the paraffin hand-dips (hopefully this is temporary)
11. ALL color services will have a minimum of $10 surcharge. Your stylist will continue to be transparent in your consultation and discuss product usage and any extra cost that may occur. Please note, we will not be scolding you for resorting to box color in this time of uncertainty, but color correction prices will be discussed where necessary.
12. At this time, we will not be accepting new clients. We want to ensure that all of our guests who have supported us and patiently waited for our return are accommodated. We will make an announcement at the appropriate time when we will resume taking new guests. After all, growth is the name of the game and we are so appreciative of your referrals!
13. This one is a tough one... trust me when we say that sometimes making decisions based on "the bottom line" just simply, SUCK. We have decided at this time we will not be offering Children or Men's haircuts. We are hoping that this is temporary and we will be sure to communicate if/when this changes.
14. If applicable, we will not be closed for the first week of July. We were scheduled to be closed June 30th through July 4th for our annual Summer Break.
15. If you have an appointment booked AFTER the date of our reopening, it will remain untouched! All you pre-bookers are sitting pretty right now :) Please note, if your pre-booked appointment is for a base color, it will only be for that service. If you need highlights or a haircut added to your service, you will be asked to reschedule where there is time for the complete service. We will be very strict on conducting only what services are booked to allow for fairness for all guests.
16. Our plan for re-booking missed appointments is this: Brandon and Katelyn will be sitting down with each stylist individually once a date of re-open is given. We will be handling their book one at a time, making sure all missed appointments are called to be rescheduled. As the client, you will be given the option to have your full service, including blow-dry (come on, that's the best part), or if you are content with leaving with a wet head that will be your choice. Just know, the more extensive your service, the further out you will most likely be scheduled. We pride ourselves on making sure you receive a high-end service and we do not want to overbook and under deliver.
17. We will not be splitting appointments as we have done in the past. For example, color with one stylist and the haircut with another. As a team, we decided that it would be best for each stylist to be able to accommodate their own guests. Again, our hope is that this is only temporary until we can get "caught up."
18. We are going to be inundated with phone calls, voicemails, messages, and emails when we re-open...ok, to be honest, we already are! Please know, we will do our very best to get back to you all in a timely manner. Again, we are going to need your kind words and support as we get back into the swing of things!
In closing, please know that none of these decisions are personal. This is never how we expected this year to start off, as I'm sure most of you can relate. We are anxiously awaiting the day we can get back to "giving you the hair you've always wanted!" For future reference, you can find this re-opening list on our website.
As always, we wish you well and are sending you lots of virtual hugs!
The Rooted Team