This post will be lengthy as we want to be sure to answer any questions you may be having as we move towards being able to re-open.
Please know that these decisions have been made with our entire team and some of them did not come easy. We are struggling with the fact that we will not be able to please everyone. In our industry, we are trained to make people happy! We ask that you be kind, patient, and continue to show us grace as we navigate through these uncharted waters.
Our hope and goal is that Rooted will remain your place of pampering and escape from the craziness of your daily routine!
Please read thoroughly.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
1. We will be requiring masks for all guests. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided.
2. We ask that if you have an appointment, no one accompanies you for the time being.
3. We will be conducting a temperature check for every client upon entering. We will do so for employees as well to ensure the safety of everyone. Please be aware that if you have a temperature, you will be asked to reschedule. Brandon is really looking forward to adding 'nurse' to his ever-evolving list of job descriptions!
4. At the time of your arrival, we will ask that you sign and date a Covid-19 waiver - it is meant to protect us and you!
5. As a team, we have decided that beverages will continue to be served, as well as magazines and coloring books be available at the processing table.
6. As licensed Cosmetologists, we have well over 1,200 hours of sanitation and germicidal education under our belts. We will continue to practice mandated salon cleaning procedures. After each guest, we will be disinfecting the chairs and equipment as an extra precaution. Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the salon for your convenience.
7. In our efforts to be 100% transparent, you will not find any room dividers or tape marking '6 feet apart.' We will NOT be operating at a limited capacity. If this is something you are not comfortable with or are immune-compromised, we ask that you reschedule your appointment for a later date.
8. The salon will be kept at a cooler temperature for our stylist's comfort as they will be very hot wearing a mask. Please bring along a sweater if you are prone to being easily chilled.
9. We will discontinue the use of the paraffin hand-dips (hopefully this is temporary)
10. ALL color services will have a minimum of $10 surcharge. Your stylist will continue to be transparent in your consultation and discuss product usage and any extra cost that may occur. Please note, we will not be scolding you for resorting to box color in this time of uncertainty, but color correction prices will be discussed where necessary.
11. We are thrilled to announce as of August 15th, we are now accepting new clients. We appreciate the support of those who understood that we wanted to ensure that all of our guests who have supported us and patiently waited for our return are accommodated. If you are a new guest, give us a call today!
12. This one is a tough one... trust me when we say that sometimes making decisions based on "the bottom line" just simply, SUCK. We have decided at this time we will not be offering Children or Men's haircuts. We are hoping that this is temporary and we will be sure to communicate if/when this changes. As of August 15th, we will allow girls haircuts for the cost of a 'woman's haircut' meaning we will not have children's prices. We are still not accommodating men at this time.
13. All you pre-bookers are sitting pretty right now :) Please note, if your pre-booked appointment is for a base color, it will only be for that service. If you need highlights or a haircut added to your service, you will be asked to reschedule where there is time for the complete service. We will be very strict on conducting only what services are booked to allow for fairness for all guests.
14. We will not be splitting appointments as we have done in the past. For example, color with one stylist and the haircut with another. As a team, we decided that it would be best for each stylist to be able to accommodate their own guests. Again, our hope is that this is only temporary until we can get "caught up."
15. Please know, we are doing our very best to get back to you all in a timely manner. Again, we are going to need your kind words and support as we get back into the swing of things!
In closing, please know that none of these decisions are personal. This is never how we expected this year to start off, as I'm sure most of you can relate. Since opening on June 30th, we cannot begin to say 'thank you' enough for your kind words and support. It was a long 105 days being closed with uncertainty weighing heavy on us, but we are happier than ever to be back to "giving you the hair you've always wanted!"
As always, we wish you well and are sending you lots of virtual hugs!
The Rooted Team