This post will be lengthy as we want to be sure to answer any questions you may be having as we move towards being able to re-open.
Please know that these decisions have been made with our entire team and some of them did not come easy. We are struggling with the fact that we will not be able to please everyone. In our industry, we are trained to make people happy! We ask that you be kind, patient, and continue to show us grace as we navigate through these uncharted waters.
Our hope and goal is that Rooted will remain your place of pampering and escape from the craziness of your daily routine!
Please read thoroughly.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
1. We will be requiring masks for all guests. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided.
2. We ask that if you have an appointment, no one accompanies you for the time being.
3. We will be conducting a temperature check for every client upon entering. We will do so for employees as well to ensure the safety of everyone. Please be aware that if you have a temperature, you will be asked to reschedule. Brandon is really looking forward to adding 'nurse' to his ever-evolving list of job descriptions!
4. At the time of your arrival, we will ask that you sign and date a Covid-19 waiver - it is meant to protect us and you!
5. As a team, we have decided that beverages will continue to be served, as well as magazines and coloring books be available at the processing table.
6. As licensed Cosmetologists, we have well over 1,200 hours of sanitation and germicidal education under our belts. We will continue to practice mandated salon cleaning procedures. After each guest, we will be disinfecting the chairs and equipment as an extra precaution. Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the salon for your convenience.
7. In our efforts to be 100% transparent, you will not find any room dividers or tape marking '6 feet apart.' We will NOT be operating at a limited capacity. If this is something you are not comfortable with or are immune-compromised, we ask that you reschedule your appointment for a later date.
8. The salon will be kept at a cooler temperature for our stylist's comfort as they will be very hot wearing a mask. Please bring along a sweater if you are prone to being easily chilled.
9. We will discontinue the use of the paraffin hand-dips (hopefully this is temporary)
10. ALL color services will have a minimum of $10 surcharge. Your stylist will continue to be transparent in your consultation and discuss product usage and any extra cost that may occur. Please note, we will not be scolding you for resorting to box color in this time of uncertainty, but color correction prices will be discussed where necessary.
In closing, please know that none of these decisions are personal. This is never how we expected this year to start off, as I'm sure most of you can relate. Since opening on June 30th, we cannot begin to say 'thank you' enough for your kind words and support. It was a long 105 days being closed with uncertainty weighing heavy on us, but we are happier than ever to be back to "giving you the hair you've always wanted!"
As always, we wish you well and are sending you lots of virtual hugs!
The Rooted Team